Manual writing consultancy services: compulsory standards and regulations
A complete range of consultancy services for manuals and technical documents
Consultancy for the writing of manuals is a field requiring constant updating of knowledge on standards, by means of diligent study and attendance of specific refresher courses. Such activities extend our knowledge of topics like the machinery directive, technical writing and editing.
Technical support and consultancy services are provided in full compliance with national and European Union regulations and directives, with a customised offer, tailored according to the requirements of companies and their reference markets.
Specifically, Nexo Corporation:
- Verifies conformity of current manuals with reference regulations and legislation.
- Provides consultancy services for different presentation methods, language use and the organisation of information.
- Examines the correct use and definition of typesetting, layout and graphics, defining types of visualisation.
The analysis of manuals is carried out by specialised technicians who certify conformity with specifications established by Directives and Regulations in force, including:
- The Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and any other Product Directives and/or technical and harmonised standards applicable to machinery.
- The Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC regarding the safety of electric equipment designed for low voltage use.
- Directive 2004/108/EU for “electromagnetic compatibility”.
- 2005/88/EC regarding noise emission of machinery designed for outdoor use.
- Directive 94/9/EC regarding protective devices and systems for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
- Directive 97/23/EC Establishes design, manufacture and conformity assessment requirements for pressure equipment and systems.
- Directive 2008/39/EC regarding plastic materials and objects intended to come into contact with food products.
- Directive 1935/2004/EC regarding materials and objects intended to come into contact with food products.
- ISO 3864 Standard – graphical symbols – safety identification colours and design principles for safety signs and safety markings.
- UNI 10653 Standard Quality of product technical documentation.
- UNI/TS 11192 Standard Classification criteria.
- UNI ISO 7000 Standard Graphical symbols usable on equipment.
- UNI ISO 7010 Standard Graphical symbols. Colours and safety signs – Registered safety signs.
- CEI EN 62024 Standard Machine safety – Machinery Equipment – Part 1 General rules
- UNI EN ISO 12100-2 Standard Machine safety – fundamental concepts, general principles of design – Parte2: Technical principles.
- UNI 11083 Standard Guidelines for the preparation of documents useful for education and training activities for the use of equipment.
- UNI 10893 Standard Instructions for use – Articulation and exposition of content.
- IEC EN 82079 Standard Preparation of instructions – Structure, content and presentations.